Thursday, July 18, 2013

Six homes opened their doors to us

I was fortunate enough to go to the home of one of the parishioners, Robert, along with Katherine and Arthur. We were received with so much generosity and love!! I enjoyed speaking with their children, all of whom are their nieces and nephews and had been adopted due to family difficulties. Vincent, Caiaphas, and Doreen were shy, but wonderful to speak with. We celebrated Mass with hundreds of people in a family’s front yard, which showed me what a strong sense of community the people of Dandora feel for one another. I have been especially impressed by the positivity and self-respect these people have, which they demonstrate through their speech and infectious smiles. I feel so fortunate to be here!
                                                                                       - Nathaniel Miller


Nathaniel becomes the biggest fan of
the toughest critics in Dandora

No comments:

Post a Comment