Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Wrapping up our immersion experience


This is the most challenging thing I have ever done and yet the most rewarding. I am filled with a lot of different feelings. The people here are extending such hospitality, warmth, and love to us. I also see such gratitude in their eyes for everything they have. Listening to the praise and worship in the church makes me cry with joy. We are so blessed in our country we take so much for granted. We need to do a better job teaching our children gratitude, respect, and love…gracious behavior. Why is it the children here who have so little act like they have so much and the children at home who have so much act like they have so little? I hate to say it but….we need to look at ourselves…..
Our American culture is disheartening in so many ways…..

Monsignor snuck away and went golfing today…after celebrating two Masses…..!!!!!  He never stops!! The people here love him as much as our Saint Monica’s Community does! I was glad he had some him time J He loves each one of us and demonstrates it constantly. I like how he keeps asking me how I am! I am glad to be cared about by this great Father.

I am grateful for my shepherd Arthur. . . .  He’s been wonderful!

                                                                    - Katherine Chrisman Halfenberg

Kids in Dandora live near or even on the trash dump site.

Children at the Boma Rescue Centre were grateful to receive
clothing funded by last year's St Monica pilgrims, as well as
new and used sports equipment.  Stickers handed out made for
an extra bit of silly fun!

1 comment:

  1. Hi! henry thomas here. I really enjoyed your blog . What an amazing experience!

    ReplyDelete